High School Confirmation
Our high school confirmation preparation program here at St. Thomas Aquinas is a two-year intensive program that invites our young people to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ through His mystical body, the Church. It is rooted in the Augustinian tradition of Catholicism which emphasizes the core values of Unitas, Veritas, & Caritas (unity, truth, & love). Classes meet on Sunday afternoons from 4:00pm – 6:00pm, with the instructional year beginning in mid-September and ending in mid-May.
Contact: Brian Campos | (805) 646-4338 x102 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This sacrament provides an increase and deepening of the grace of Baptism which increase the gifts of the Holy Spirit received in Baptism.
The Catechism provides a clear list of these specific graces in #1303:
- Roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!”
- Unites us more firmly to Christ
- Increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- Renders our bod with the Church more perfect
- Gives us the special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.