High School Confirmation
Our high school confirmation preparation program here at St. Thomas Aquinas is a two-year intensive program that invites our young people to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ through His mystical body, the Church. It is rooted in the Augustinian tradition of Catholicism which emphasizes the core values of Unitas, Veritas, & Caritas (unity, truth, & love). Classes meet on Sunday afternoons from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Open to all non-Confirmed young people from the 9th-12th grade.
First Day of Classes
Adult Confirmation (18 years old & older)
· English - Sunday September 9th 9:30am- Noon @ Bethany Hall
· Spanish - Tuesday September 11th 7:00pm-9:00pm@Bethany Hall
High School Confirmation (Grades 9-12)
· High School Year 1 - Sunday, September 16th from 4:00pm - 6:00pm @ Bethany Hall
· High School Year 2- Sunday, September 23rd from 4:00pm- 6:00pm @Bethany Hall
*reminder to returning Year 2 candidates that you need to turn in your completed summer Mass assignments during registration if you were given one at the end of last year. Otherwise you will not be admitted to Year 2 and will need to repeat Year 1.
Registration begins on Sunday August 19th. The Registration schedule will be as follows:
· Sundays 10:30am - 1:00pm at Bethany Hall
· Monday-Thursdays 10:00am - 5:00pm at Bethany Hall
Contact: Brian Campos | (805) 646-4338 x102 | email@example.com
This sacrament provides an increase and deepening of the grace of Baptism which increase the gifts of the Holy Spirit received in Baptism.
The Catechism provides a clear list of these specific graces in #1303:
- Roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!”
- Unites us more firmly to Christ
- Increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- Renders our bod with the Church more perfect
- Gives us the special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.