Our parish's model of Youth Ministry involves many teens and adults. Leadership, faith witness, and service are key components for those interested in Peer Ministry.
Peer Ministry is for teens...
- seeking greater involvement in their church
- wanting to share their gifts and talents
- desiring a deeper relationship with God
- willing to participate in Christian service, faith witness, and leadership
Contact: Aina Yates | (805) 646-4338 | email@example.com
What is Peer Ministry?
It is an opportunity for high school youth to respond to their baptismal call to be a priest (servant), prophet (faith witness) and king (leader) among their peers in youth related events and activities at St. Thomas Aquinas and in the community.
Peer ministers serve as leaders for youth groups, youth Confirmation classes, retreats, service pieces, and more! Teens in Peer Ministry choose his or her commitment level and specific responsibilities.
Why should I get involved?
You should be a peer minister if you possess the passion and courage to preserve and grow in your relationship with God, serve others, witness your faith (share and spread the Good News), and to build skills to be a leader.
It is a good way to invest yourself in your church and community, as well as develop long-lasting friendships in both areas, thereby building skills and resources that will be useful for the rest of your life. Involvement in this is good for college applications, employment applications, resumes and other things too.
Who can be in Peer Ministry?
Peer Leaders must have already received the Sacrament of Confirmation. They must possess an interestst in serving their peers as a servant Christian leader. They must also
What Is Expected of Me?
- Understand, respect and support the values of Christian charity and tolerance.
- Model, teach and promote behavior in conformity with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Abide at all times the the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Boundary Guidelines and Code of Conduct for Middle and High School Youth Working or Volunteering with Children or Youth