Lent this year is from Wednesday, March 2, 2022 to Saturday, April 16, 2022
Lent is a season of repentance, prayer, and fasting. The season lasts for 40 days, beginning with Ash Wednesday and ending on Holy Saturday. The season reflects the 40 days Jesus spent in prayer and fasting in the desert before starting his public ministry. Lent is also observed by many other Christian denominations.
Lent begins the morning after Madi Gras, or Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras was traditionally a day of reasonable indulgence prior to the beginning of the 40-day period of prayer and fasting. The morning after is Ash Wednesday, a day when Catholics engage in prayer and fasting and attend Mass to receive ashes on their heads as a sign of penance.
We encourage you to learn more at the links below.
Click on one of the links below to learn more about Lent.
Click on one of the links below to learn about things that you can do during Lent to make it a transformational season for you.
- Preparing for Lent - Ascension Presents
- Entering the Desert of Lent - Word on Fire
- Stations of the Cross
- Best Lent Ever - Dynamic Catholic
- Daily Reflections from Bishop Barron
- Hallow.com - Lent Challenge, pray the seven last words of Christ
- Formed.com - Get thousands of movies, programs, audio, and books instantly.
- The University Series